Friday, July 8, 2011

Leg Press PR!

Maxed that shit out.  900 lbs of plates on the thing: 10 45lb plates on each side.  There was no more room.  Went in there feeling saucy and went straight to the leg press machine.  I am working on Phase II of Visual Impact and this is a good way to start.  I want to work on muscle density all over my body, with my legs being the least of my concerns (obviously).  I only plan on doing one leg exercise on leg days (probably leg press because I like it so much).

Here's how it went down:

*Warm up calisthenics air squats x10, then a warm up leg press set with 2 45s on each side x10.  Worked slowly and deliberately.
*8 45s on each side 1 set of 5 reps
*9 45s on each side 2 sets of 5 reps
*10 45s on each side 1 set of 5 reps
*9 45s on each side 2 sets of 5 reps (actually tried for another 900lb set but couldn't lift the press)

YEAH.  Successful day.  Just goes to show you that not doing any leg work in the gym for a week can result in coming back stronger and fresher.  I should of taken a pic; I'll get one next time I go for it in a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment