Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 12 - Rest Day

So today was a rest day and dessert day.  I spent the day in DC getting lunch with a friend in the Senate.  First time in the Senate bldg and I have to say, I felt pretty important strutting around in there.  Made a couple useful contacts for down the road; looks like the DoD may be interested in using us in some advisory capacity somewhere down the line.  After my meeting, I went over to my senator's office to say hi, but he was out.  Met his aide though and we talked for a while.  All in all, it was worth the trip...the 104 degree heat, the ridiculous traffic, and the 4 hour metro/car ride home, 35 miles.  Haha.  I had a good time though, seriously.

When I woke up I had intended on doing a full body lifting workout with the compound lifts but was too exhausted, which is a good sign that a rest day is in order.  Plus with my long day in DC I can say that I made the right decision.  My dessert consisted of cheese and berries and a 90% dark chocolate Lindt bar; so freaking good.  First time trying 90% and that is definitely the line that no one should cross.  It is awesome, but I wouldn't go a % further.  Tomorrow morning we are heading to Old Rag Mtn for a 7.5 mile rock scramble.  Should be a great time and some awesome exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment