Friday, July 8, 2011

My Fitness Goals

The only thing I enjoy more than setting goals is achieving them.  So, that being said, it's time to set some goals to work on over the next few months.


1.  Visual Impact.  This is my big one.  I have set out a doable schedule/timeline for success using a customized VI program to achieve my physique goals, and I am going to follow through.

2.  Rowing.  I was doing some rowing sprints today for my HIIT workout after lifting and I have to say, I am actually pretty good.  My body is built perfectly for it: tall, strong, and great endurance from years of elite triathlon racing.  Of course, with my personality, the first thing I did was look at American Records for indoor rowing.  I have NO interest in trying to do a 2000m sprint, but 500m is definitely possible.  According to this sheet, American Rowing Records, I can be in the top-10 recorded American times if I get under 1:27.  I can have the American Record if under 1:17.7.  May not be in the cards unless I actually dedicate to training, but hell I'm gonna go for it.  I did a 1:35 on my first ever try, which is respectable.  But after my (much improved) performance today, I am confident I can crack the top-10.

3.  Bar-Baron.  This is going to be HARD, but I want to eventually qualify as a Bar-Baron in the Bar-Barians.  The criteria are as follows...nothing to laugh at:
a. 40 Dips
b. 20 Pull-ups
c. 50 Push-ups
d. 5 Muscle-ups
All in under 6 minutes.  FUaarrk man, that's tough.  By the time I get that I am going to be STRONG.

Okay, I think I have my hands full for a while.  

No comments:

Post a Comment