Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 3

Another day in and a decent workout.  It has got to be around 100*F outside today and very humid here in Durham.  I began the workout with 10x100m sprints outside across a soccer field then did 3x10 each of burpees, pushups, ATG squats.  The first couple sprints were pretty difficult thanks to those really heavy leg presses yesterday.  By the end of that I was in a flop sweat...good warm up.

After that I went inside to lift and did a Chest and Triceps workout:

*Chest cable flys 3x10, 3x8
*Incline DB Press 3x8x50lb
*Flat DB Press 3x8x65lb
*Decline DB Press 2x5x65 (getting pretty tired by this point).
*50 pushups
*Tricep Pulldowns 4x8x60lb
*30 pushups

After that I was pretty tired and ready to be done.  Here is my nutrition for the day, around 2800 kcal total:
AM: Fast
1230PM: 2 small Granny Smith Apples
1245-145PM: Workout
2PM: SMoothie, bag of berries, 4 scoops protein
245PM: 5 eggs, 11 strips of bacon
330PM: Cobb salad from Chopped Greens
FULL (Gotta love Leangains.)

I've been super tired lately b/c of a ton of mental strain with classwork and work-work issues and a ton of thinking, so while I've been meaning to do a morning workout, I haven't yet been able to pull myself out of bed that early to do so.  Tomorrow I will make another attempt and head to the pool for a swim to do 50m sprints.  There are few better feelings in the world than the feeling after you've had a satisfying swim.  This will also rev my metabolism up for the entire morning and keep me burning that stubborn BF in my abdomen, basically the only area I need to lose fat in.

My arms are beginning to striate with veins, a good sign that BF levels are dropping and muscles are growing in them.  I'm still experimenting with LeanGains and what the most optimal way to eat on a daily basis is.  I'm going to go back to the site and review the protocol once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment