Monday, June 20, 2011

Day One Down

Just got back from the gym, showered, and ate my evening meal.  Sitting here digesting so I thought I'd post an update.

Had a very solid lift today.  Did arms & abdominals...

  • Standing BB curls (superset) x3 6-12 reps
  • Two arm overhead seated db extension x3 6-12 reps
  • BB preacher curls (superset) x3 8-12 reps
  • Rope press downs – x3 8-12 reps
  • Hammer curls (superset) x2 10-12 reps
  • Close grip bench press x2 10-12 reps
  • Seated concentration curls (triset) x2 10-12 reps
  • Reverse grip barbell curls x2 10-12 reps
  • Close-grip pushups x2 10-12 reps
  • Hanging Leg Raises (giant set)
  • Rope crunches
  • Oblique floor twists
  • Weighted sit ups x2 to failure
I split the exercises into superset doubles where I'd rep them back-and-forth, back-and-forth.  Got a great pump very quickly.  Ended with a 20 minute walk around Duke's East Campus.  As for nutrition today, not great, but not too bad either.  After giving a presentation on West Campus, I got a text from my friend that he was going to pick me up for lunch; we were headed to Pan Pan Diner, this cheap all-you-can-eat Southern Buffet.  Needless to say, I was conflicted.  Heading to a place like this is NOT the best way to begin a cut.  My stomach has been hurting for the last few days because of how awful my dietary habits have been, so I restrained myself here to two small salads with ham and bacon bits and some BBQ chicken and a few ribs.  It seemed like they actually killed the animals themselves by drowning them in BBQ sauce, so I wiped much of that shit off.  Never seen so much sauce in my life.  

That food was pretty low quality, but I guess that's what you get when you pay $7.99 for a buffet.  After the gym I made an awesome berry and protein smoothie and had two curry chicken breasts for dinner with Diet Coke to drink (another vice, but definitely my least harmful one).  I don't plan on eating any more today. I am full and satisfied.  Trying to focus on drinking a lot to flush out all of the bad shit that I've been eating so I can start fresh soon.  Drank a whole half gallon of iced green tea this morning and had some apples to try and flush with the fiber.  So here's my nutrition for the day:

10am: 2 apples + half gallon of iced green tea
1pm: 2 small salads (ham, bacon bits, cucumbers, tomatoes) + 1/4 BBQ chicken + 2 BBQ pork ribs
215-345pm: Lift - Arms and Abdominals + walk
4pm: Strawberry and Blackberry smoothie with scoop of Pea Protein and Choc. Hammer Whey
430pm: 2 4oz Chicken Breasts

Been feeling exhausted and moody lately.  Definitely diet-related.  On the right track to getting back into the swing of things though.   I plan on heading to either the pool for some 50m sprints in the morning or outside for some 100m running sprints and some HIIT work.  I'll fast through it then come back to the gym in the afternoon for Shoulders/Calves/&Cardio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment