Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 5 - Cheat Meal

Today is Friday and I wanted to do my cheat meal today, but I didn't want it to be a full-on junk food binge obviously, so it is actually pretty healthy, and I am satisfied, which I think is what we ultimately shoot for with the cheat meal, a psychological alleviation from otherwise more stringent guidelines.

Here's my nutrition for today:
1230: Small Green Apple
1-145: 20x100m sprints in the field
2: smaller berry smoothie (2 scoops protein) + small green apple
5: Whole Foods: 2 large turkey burgers w BBQ sauce + large sweet potato w/walnuts on top, 88% dark chocolate bar, bag of pork rinds ... mmmm
6: berry smoothie with 3 scoops protein

Total I estimate around 2400-2600 kcal... actually pretty great!  Still gonna drop BF today, especially after the sprinting!  Protein is probably around 210g, so right around where I need to be.  Needed higher carbs today because of the sprinting, plus it was my cheat meal so of course it's going to having more carbs.  The great thing is that it ended up being all low-GI carbs.  Great!

The sprints today were great.  My body needed a rest from the iron; my back and arms are pretty sore from yesterday, which is why I skipped my planned swim this morning too.  I find the extra sleep a lot more beneficial than anything.  I admit that I probably don't rest enough anyways so skipping that morning cardio is probably not a bad thing.  I don't want to have more rest days though because I love to workout every day; it is what I look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment